Swim day


Thursday, July 23, 2009

Camping Trip!

Ben and I decided to take Haylie and Ty camping. We just happened to pick the first nice clear and sunny weekend of the summer. We were finally able to leave our house at about 7 pm... Therefore Logan Canyon was full and then some. Both Ben and I were devastated that we may have to cancel the trip after all the promises, planning and PACKING! But we decided to drive to Smithfield Canyon. It was our lucky day!!! The first camp site was open! We pulled in and got our tent set up just as the sun went down. Haylie and Ty had a blast. They loved sleeping in the tent. Ty and I shared a sleeping bag and Ben and Haylie Shared one as well. But it was so warm at night that we all ended up out of our sleeping bags.
On Saturday Ben and I wanted to take the kids hiking and fishing. We didn't even make it to the trail head when Haylie thought she needed to be carried because her feet were just so darn tired. At that point in time we had figured it was time to turn back. :) Haylie and I are amazing fisherwomen! We were the only ones in the family to catch anything!!! Lucky for us it was just a stick.
On Saturday evening Brittney and Tanner joined us for dinner. I made my first dutch oven potatoes, and can I say they were actually edible! Now the steaks on the other hand... not so much. Any ways we discovered that we have two super outdoorsmen for children!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you started a blog.. hooray! I heart blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun!! We should go see another movie soon Trace:) I'm glad you updated your blog, I will try to do the same!
    See ya later!
    ~Christina Olson
    (www.theolsonfam.net)

    ReplyDelete